So I had a nice and relaxing weekend. Friday I hung out with Marcy. For whatever reason, she's obsessed with Taco Johns (it's like Taco Bell but worse, sorry Marcy). I happen to have access to it because there is one in the BX on base. Marcy requested that I pick some up for her. Not a problem...I picked up some Jack In The Box for myself. We were going to meet up at Reid Park to have lunch and just catch up. We've both been really busy and haven't really had time to hang out. So, we met up at the park and started eating. Cassie and Zander weren't interested in eating because they were distracted by ants...right on. We were finishing up eating and Cassie took off running...apparently she was ready to go play. Now keep in mind, Marcy is about to have her third child in like 5 weeks. Well Cassie is now running across the park...Marcy picks up Zander and starts to run. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do! Do I wait by our tables and keep an eye on our stuff? Do I start running after Cassie who doesn't know who I am, running the risk of her running faster because I'm a stranger? I gathered up our stuff and started to follow Marcy. She finally caught up to Cassie, who was unhappy to have been caught. Then came the battle of Cassie in her car seat so they could go home...Cassie having ruined the chance to go play. After a long battle, Marcy got Cassie in her seat and off they went. Not exactly the afternoon we had planned, but hey, we had a few minutes to catch up. And Marcy, let me say...I'm sorry that I made you chase Cassie! I feel really bad about that! After lunch, I hit up the bank, cashed my $29 birthday check from my dad, and went to Target. I had a nail appointment at 4:30 so I went a little early to get a pedicure as well. I heart pedicures! And then I went home...watched a movie, went to bed, and the was the end of my Friday.
Saturday I had to wake up early so that I could entertain Mya while Matt was playing dodge ball at his school. We arrived at the gym and Matt went off to meet his team. Mya and I watched the kids play dodge ball and then when that was over, we moved to the other side of the gym so Mya could play. She had some bubbles and a football and she managed to keep herself entertained. It's amazing how much she's grown up, she runs around, she talks in her own language, and she just plays. I got to see Matt play some dodge ball. It was the high school faculty versus the junior high school faculty...best 3 out of 5...the high school faculty was up 2 games to zero...and then the junior high faculty came back...bringing them to the 5th game. That was the game where Matt was finally warmed up and ready to play...and he had the winning throw. High school faculty defeats the junior high faculty! Mya cheered at the right times and for the right team! After the game, we all played a little bit more in the gym, and then we went outside so Mya could play outside with the "big" toys. I then got to see Matt's classroom (which by the way, it's still weird to me that he is a teacher) and then we went back to Matt's house so he could clean up so we could eat. We ate lunch at BJ's and Mya was very well behaved. She kept "dropping" her crayons on the floor and saying "uh-oh" each time one fell...it kept her entertained. After lunch, it was back to Matt's house so Mya could nap and I could teach Matt how to upload photos to his Facebook page. After Mya woke up, we played outside for a while. Then we watched some TV and I went home.
Sunday, Matt and I were meeting up to partake in my free Old Chicago birthday pizza and some beer (courtesy of the gift card Monica got me for my birthday). We enjoyed making fun of people, drinking beer, and eating free pizza. With the amount of food we had, and then 6 beers we had, we ended up only paying like $17...it's amazing what gift cards and a $15 credit can do! After Old Chicago, I went home...where I fell asleep on the couch for like 2 hours! Oops! Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well last night!
All in all it was a good weekend. It's always nice to be able to spend time with my nieces. It's nice to be able to see Mya more often and watch her grow up. She's such an adorable, typically happy, baby (not that she's a baby anymore). It's nice that she recognizes me...and it's funny that she likes to hold Kermit. Much to everyone's dismay!
And speaking of nieces, Arianna turns 7 this coming Saturday. I will be heading to Mesa this weekend for her birthday. She's having a party with her friends, including a jumping castle, and some cake and ice cream. Once the friends are gone, it's out to dinner, her choice. I can't believe how quickly she's growing. It's hard to believe because that means that it's been almost 7 years since I graduated from U of A. She was only 9 days old when she came to Tucson for my graduation. Now she's like a little adult...she's an amazing artist, she plays soccer...it makes me feel so old! But I'm proud of her, even though I don't really know how to show it!
And...the twins will be 5 in June! I mean seriously...weren't they just born? I can't believe how much they've grown. They are both playing soccer and they have such a close relationship with each other...and they tend to only play with each other. It's amazing the relationship that twins have.
And...Giana is 7 months old today. Soon I'll be heading up to Mesa for her 1st birthday party. I don't want her to grow up...she's the last one! I'm excited to see how she'll turn out but at the same time, I wish she would stay this age forever. They are so fun at this age because everything is new to them...they are intrigued by everything!
I know I don't do much for my nieces but I really do love them. I know I should be more involved...send them more things...stuff like that. But even though they are my nieces, I'm still uncomfortable around kids...but that doesn't mean I don't love them with everything that I have.
So there ya go...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.