Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In A Funk

Let's go with green today I guess. Maybe green because I'm green with envy of people that are happy with their life. Yes, I know mine really isn't that bad. But doesn't everyone get in a funk once in a while where they think that everything sucks and they hate everything? Well, that's where I'm at right now. I wake up in the morning and I'm grumpy. I get to work and I'm grumpy. I leave work and I'm grumpy...sensing a pattern? It's a combination of many things, not just my life but my family and my friends. It seems that everything that bothers everyone, bothers me. I hate that my sister has been in a bit of a funk, I hate that Jade hasn't been feeling well, I hate that Christine has been in a funk. I hate when something stupid happens to me and it angers me. For example, every morning lately when I'm getting ready, I drop something...and it just ruins my day. How can something so simple just set me off? I don't know.

Today at work, we had a team meeting. These always mean petty new tasks and stupid things that we have to start doing. Today it was no more handwriting addresses on envelopes...seriously?? Now we have to print out the address on the envelope...because "we're a business." Um ok. And we're not allowed to delete or move the email out of the inbox until 4:30 pm every day. Do you know how many emails we get a day? I always clear out the email first thing in the morning...and now I can't. Not to mention the sheet of busy work that I was given at the meeting. Sure, I complain from time to time that I have no work to do...but going through over 300 folders every month?? I think that's a bit excessive. So yay...let's just add these to the list of things that I hate lately.

Also, for whatever reason, there are millions of grasshoppers flying/hopping around. And in case you didn't know, I HATE grasshoppers. They freak me out, they make me uncomfortable...and they always fly into my chest. So now, I get to dodge them because they are everywhere!! When I pulled into my parking spot at work today, at least 20 grasshoppers flew away...it grossed me out. And now, I can hear them outside flying into my sliding glass door. Where did they all come from and why did they decide to arrive while I'm in my funk? It's not helping!

Yes, I know that in a few days, I will be back to normal and will realize that I do have a pretty good life. But right now, please just let me wallow in my own self pity and hate everything. I apologize to those that have real reasons to be in a funk...I'm not trying to make it seem like my problems are huge and drastic...but sometimes, I just need to be in a funk...so I apologize...hopefully it'll pass in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.