Monday, April 6, 2009

The Curse Continues

I don't get it. I really just don't get it. How is dating so complicated? And what exactly do I do on the second date that scares guys away? A few months ago, I met someone from Match.com. We emailed for a while, then progressed to texting and then we went out. We went to Old Chicago and had a great time. A couple nights later, we went to a movie. As soon as the movie was over, he was up out of his chair and out we went. He walked me most of the way to my car, said he would be busy that weekend, and that was it. We texted for a few days after that, and then I never heard from him again. Ok fine...apparently he wasn't interested. I get that. Why, I don't know. I'm not sure what I did, or didn't do but it would have been nice to know...instead of just being ignored, and then forgot about.

Fast forward a couple of months. I start talking to someone else from Match.com. We email for a while, we start texting, and then we finally meet. We met at Starbucks and talked for 4 hours...we had a good time...he even asked me out the next day. We went to a movie. (I should have known from previous experience that this was a bad idea.) Things seemed good...he actually walked me all the way to my car, gave me a hug, then said he would text me tomorrow. He didn't. So I texted first...apparently family came into town...or so he said. And that was pretty much it for that day...the next day, I texted him again...busy again. So I'm not sure if in fact he was busy. I haven't heard from him today, which is weird since we used to text during the work day. So I guess he wasn't busy, he's just not that into me. But I don't know why. Is it because I didn't go in for the kiss? I don't know because instead of telling me that he's not interested, he's just going to ignore me. That's awesome. It makes me feel great.

So you see why I don't get it? What happens on that second date that completely turns things around? Am I so horrible that they just can't see going out with me again? And I'm not going to text him again...I don't want him to think I'm desperate...you know, because I wouldn't want to drive him away or anything...oh wait, I've apparently already done that!

So I'm all done dating. I can't take the rejection anymore. No more dating sites, no more spending money on dating sites...just no more. Apparently guys will pay money for a dating site to see if they can get laid on the first couple of dates...well, surprise, I'm not looking for that. It's a good thing I enjoy living alone, and doing my own thing because it looks like that's how I'm going to be spending the rest of my life. Happy almost 29th birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.