Monday, April 20, 2009

And Now, The Rest Of The Story


I know you've all been on the edge of your seats waiting for the rest of the story...or maybe because you're tired of reading about it (if anyone is even reading these)...

So here it is...Monday. We woke up early so that we could hit up the Bellagio Buffet (it's way cheaper on a weekday than on the weekend) so we got up around 8 am (that's right, only 5 hours of sleep). Jade and Jeff stopped my room and together we met up with Dave and Tami. Jade and Jeff were flying out that day so they had all their luggage with them. We went to the car, loaded up their luggage, and sauntered off to the Bellagio. We stood in the line for the buffet (which was only 14.95) and got our table. I was amazed at all of the food that they had...I had never seen a buffet quite this big before! But as usual, you fill up your plate on the first trip up, and then you're not hungry anymore! Knowing this would happen, I tried not to overfill my plate so I could at least make one more trip and hopefully get some ice cream! We all sat around eating some good breakfast, talking about the drunk English chick that fell on her face, and kept eating. I did make it up for round 2, nothing big...had to save room for my ice cream...which I did end up getting but was disappointed there were no sprinkles. WTF?? Anyway, having stuffed ourselves until we were going to explode, we left the buffet. We had a few minutes to spare before Jade and Jeff needed to be at the airport, so we cruised the expensive shops of the Bellagio, and I got my picture taken outside of Tiffany (as per usual), and then I browsed around Tiffany at the things I want but will never own (until I marry some rich old guy!). This killed just the right amount of time and we were off to the airport to drop off Jade and Jeff.

After dropping them off, we headed back to our rooms so we could take a much needed nap! We slept for a few hours and then we decided to hit up the Planet Hollywood shops. There are a lot more shops there than I remember and I managed to pick up a couple of things for myself. Around 5 o'clock, we were starving, having eaten at like 9 am! We swung by the Earl of Sandwich and ate some yummy sandwiches. We walked around a little more and then again, headed back to the Trop to rest a little more before our last night at the Nine Fine Irishmen (how sad).

I sadly got ready, knowing that it was our last night in Vegas. Dave sent me a text to tell me to come grab some of my beer, as Tami was downstairs doing some gambling on her own. We met her downstairs and she gambled a little more while drinking her Harp. We were still a little early for the NFI (we like for the 1st set to be pretty much over with) and we coudn't really tell if we were hungry or not. We walked over to the NYNY anyway, and decided that we could in fact have a bit to eat. Because it was late, not much was open so we settled for some fish place in the "village." No, I didn't eat any fish...I had chicken and chips. Now that we were full, it was time to fill up some more with beer!

We entered the NFI, took our usual spot up front, and Darryl asked where Kermit was...why, he's right here in my purse of course! So Kermit made his appearance and we all started dancing. Well apparently this night was the Asian Leprechauns birthday, and she brought herself a cake. And it was time to celebrate...so her and some other random people started eating cake. There were some drunk English people (go figure) who were dancing around and being super annoying. One in particular kept trying to dance with Tami and tried to get Kermit out of my hand. I thought for sure that if he continued to pester Tami, that Dave would in fact kick his ass! I've never seen Dave irritated like that, and it was odd...but to be expected because this guy was a pain in the ass! He finally left us alone, only to come back up later, during the 4th set and grab onto Kermit's head and try to pull him out of my hands. I immediately released the guy's grip from Kermit's head and hid Kermit. Who the fuck thinks they can start grabbing things out of people's hands??? I was angry! They guy finally disappeared and we were able to listen to the 4th set in peace. Dave requested a song for Tami, "Wonderwall," and they performed it for her. The last song of the evening was up to the Tucson crew to decide, so naturally we picked "Sweet Caroline" and it was performed. Now, in the last verse of the song, instead of singing "Sweet Caroline," Darryl sang "Kermit the Frog." And he even gave the Tucson crew a shout out in the song as well. We are SO in!!! After they were done, we all hung around and chatted with the band. Kyle (the bassist) gave me and Tami a copy of his solo CD, and then the group photo was taken. We chatted with Alanna about where she was going after May 17th. She said she didn't know but she wants to open up a restaurant/bar somewhere...we're trying to convince her to do so in Tucson! And it was decided that we needed to go back for her final performance...now if only my boss will let me know if I can have that day off!!!

We went back to our hotel, got some shut eye, and woke up Tuesday morning to leave Vegas. I hate leaving Vegas, I hate bringing my suitcase downstairs, I hate going to the airport, and I hate taking off from Vegas. We dropped off our rental car, caught the shuttle to the airport, checked our bags, and headed to security. On our way there, we witnessed some chick throw up in the middle of the airport...apparently the trash can that was 2 feet from her was too far away. We made it through security, found Starbucks, and then Dave and I got some breakfast burritos. We ate our breakfast, drank our Starbucks, bought some magazines for the flight home, and then boarded (a little late because apparently we were waiting for someone). The take off was a bit rough...it was windy as hell outside...the plane was swaying as we were hurling ourselves off the runway. It turned out to be a decent flight, until we began our descent into Tucson. It was HORRIBLE!! Landing in Tucson is always painful, but this time, it actually made someone throw up...saw the evidence on my way off the plane. We rocked around, we were jolted out of our seats...it was ridiculous! We safely made it off the plane, and that was the end...picked up our luggage, drove back to Vail, picked up my car, and went home. Another successful trip to Vegas under my belt...now if only I can go in May!!!
And in the picture up top: Darryl (left), Kyle (left, back), the bouncer (back) the drummer whose name I don't remember (left, back), Dave (front left), me, Alanna and Kermit, Tami...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.