It's Friday and I don't feel like working. I'm only here for 4 hours today...and really, what can be accomplished in 4 hours? Probably a lot, but I'm just not motivated to do anything. I actually did some work yesterday...I finished 2 of the stupid projects that I was given. And believe it or not, I actually felt like I accomplished something...it felt good. So maybe I don't feel like working today since I worked so hard yesterday! One of my projects was to organize all of our GCP's (graduate capstone projects to those of you who don't know what a GCP is). They've always been crammed into a filing cabinet for the students to dig through. Well, the boss decided we needed a better check out system for them...and I made the mistake of creating the project for myself. I took them out of the filing cabinet and piled them on my desk. I then typed the title and author of every one of them (48 in total) onto individual check out sheets, alphabetized the check out sheets in the binder, and then alphabetized the GCP's. Then I made a nice little spreadsheet of all the GCP's we have, who the author is, and how many copies we have. How about that for being productive?? And if one student gets them out of order, they are dead! Then I did a bunch of filing that was recommended for me to do...not a big project but annoying and now it's done. Unfortunately, I have a couple of more stupid projects to do...which involve going through every single folder for the alphabet M-Z that I'm in charge of...whether they are active students or are inactive and have been for like 5 years. That means, I have to make fancy spreadsheets for those as well so I can keep track of how long it's been since they've taken a class. And this is something I have to do the 15th of every month. But at least I'll have something to do I guess.
And an update on my car situation. The guy who hit me called me on Monday and told me he had been to his insurance agent to submit a claim. His insurance company called me about 20 minutes later and we set everything up. She submitted the information to Thoroughbred Paint and Body, and set up a rental car for me. I only have to pay a $50 deposit for the rental car which I'll get back. After she submitted my stuff to Thoroughbred, the adjuster from there called me and we set up an appointment to bring my car in on Monday morning at 7:30. They'll have it for about 3-5 days...and I'll be driving around most likely in some lame rental car! I'll probably get one of those really tiny eggs on wheels...awesome! So in the end, it worked out...but it's still annoying.
Also, don't think I write these blogs to get sympathy and to have people tell me that my life is okay, and that I'm wonderful and all that. I mean, if you want to say it, then by all means go ahead but don't think that I'm just writing these so that people will feel sorry for me. I write these because it's a good way for me to just vent instead of letting everything build up and then just explode...which is sort of what happened on Tuesday. I just couldn't take it anymore...I don't think that I've ever been that angry before. Not even with the whole Jeremy thing...who knows, maybe that was still part of it. Maybe my car wouldn't have gotten hit had he not cheated on me...those kinds of thoughts were going through my head that day. There's a million other reasons why I was angry...besides the rejection of the guys I had dated, besides my car being hit, besides hating my job from time to time...there are other issues that are going on that I haven't dealt with. I'm just not ready yet...and sometimes it's easier to just leave them alone and hope the anger you feel will subside...so that when you do decide to address it, you won't explode and cause unnecessary drama. At this time, I'd rather not discuss exactly what the issue is but let me say a couple of things. It's not okay with me when other people are allowed to do things that we never would have been allowed to do. That's not okay...and one day, I'm going to say something about it. It's bullshit.
So there ya go...that helped kill some time at work...only 55 minutes to go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.