Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Vacation Time

I have one more day of work before I go on vacation. Yes, I've been to Vegas but for some reason, this one feels like an actual vacation. You know the kind...like when you were a kid and it was summer vacation with the family time. You started to get excited weeks before it was time to go and you couldn't sleep the night before. Yep, that's where I'm at. It's like I'm 9 years old and going to Disneyland. Close enough, Sea World. But really what I'm looking forward to...is not really doing anything. I'm going with the Rods...4 nieces and my sister and brother-in-law. I sort of invited myself...but they appreciate the help! The main plan...is nothing. Sunday is the twins' birthday so we'll do something that day. And then Wednesday is Sea World. And the rest of the time...is beach time. I know that I might go a little crazy with the kids but hey, I'll be at the beach. I'm so freaking excited! I have one more day of work to go...and I know it's going to be the longest day ever...because I'm a little kid who's going on vacation.

I'm looking forward to getting away...just some time to reflect on my life and things. I came to the realization last night that I don't need to date. I've cancelled all of my subscriptions to dating sites (there were only 2) and am just going to date myself. I'll be busy until the second weekend in July...so there's really no time to date anyone anyway. And you know what, I really think that I'm okay with not dating. I know I've said in the past that I'm done, but I never really felt it. Now I do. I'm going to just do my thing and if someone comes along, fantastic. If someone doesn't, fantastic. I'm okay. I'm happy. I'm busy. I'm living my life. And it's good. I'm at a good place. It's about damn time. I used to worry about Jeremy being in a relationship and me not. Well you know what, I don't care. Let him be in one. Good for him. Good for me. That means he won't come back, like he always does.

I've realized that being single allows me to do whatever I want. I don't have to worry about wanting to leave Tucson because I'm with someone. If I want to move, I can do it. If I want to go out with friends, I can do it. If I want to sit at home and pick my ass, I can do it. It's great. I'm not sure what made me change my mind or to come to this realization but there it is. And I think that's why I'm so excited about going to San Diego. I'm going completely content. I don't have to worry about coming back and dealing with drama or worrying about finding someone to date when I come back. It just doesn't matter.

And surprisingly, I'm not packed yet. I haven't even started. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to throw my entire closet into my suitcase and call it a day. I did laundry tonight so at least that's taken care of. I'm hoping that work goes by quickly tomorrow. And I'm hoping that Sarah comes down so we can have dinner and that will take more time and then Friday will come and I will be getting my nails done, my eyebrows waxed, and heading to Mesa. At least not being in Tucson will make vacation more real.

I'm almost there...I can feel it!! I'm taking my laptop to San Diego, I'm bringing my cord to upload photos...so be prepared...I'm feeling lots of self-portraits at the beach coming on...pictures of Kermit and Yoda on the beach...the beach...the ocean...catch my drift???

San Diego, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.