There hasn't been much drama going on in my life. It's been really nice. I go through phases where there's drama and then there's nothing...right now, we're in the "nothing" phase. But it's given me time to realize that I'm a little fed up with some "friends" that I have. I won't mention any names, because really the names aren't important. What is important is that they used to be close friends, and now I rarely talk to them. Not because I haven't tried to talk to them, but because apparently, they choose to not talk to me. I'm tired of being the one who has to go out of my way to try and get in touch or get together with people. So I've decided I'm just not going to do it anymore. If I happen to lose some friends by doing so, then so be it. They were worth losing if they chose not see that they were losing me in the first place. I'm a good friend. I'm there for you when you need me to be. I'll do whatever I can to make you feel better when things aren't going well for you. I'll listen to what you have to say and offer advice to you if I feel it necessary. Or, I will listen to you and say nothing at all. You can tell me anything and know that I won't judge you. I'll tell you what I think but really, who am I to judge? We've all made mistakes, it's part of life. So I'm not going to judge you.
But here's what irritates me. I have friends that only come around when they need something. And then, when things are good in their life, they don't need me anymore and they commence to ignoring me. Well, I'm not down with that anymore. If you don't feel you need me around all the time, then you don't need me at all. I'm not saying I need constant contact but I do need to speak to you maybe once every couple of weeks...not just when you need something. And what about when I need something? Are they there for me? Not really, because that happens to fall in the time where they don't need me, and therefore, can't pencil in any time to speak with me.
I'm done being the one who makes contact. I'm done being the one who calls, texts, emails, whatever to see what's going on, to see if you want to hang out, to see if you want to grab lunch, go see a movie. If this is how it's going to be, then I will be more than happy to do these things by myself. If you don't want to be my friend anymore, then you need to just tell me. If you have something going on in your life and you're busy or whatever, then tell me. Don't just continue to let me make the effort only to be shot down. It's not fair to me and I don't deserve it. It's time to find out who my true friends are. If you're reading this, and you think it's about you, you can ask me. If you're reading this, and you know it's not about you, you're probably right. Because those reading this, are the friends that actually give me the time of day. I understand that people are busy, they have their own lives...but seriously, so do I and I still manage to keep in contact with my friends.
I'm done. You don't deserve my friendship if you don't care to find out what's going on in my life. So if I don't talk to you anymore, it's because you don't need to know what's going on in my life because you have chosen to shut me out. Why should you get to come back into my life when it's convenient for you. If you're my friend, you're my friend all the time. If you're not, then good bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.