Well, after thinking about it for a while, I finally did it. I applied for a job out of Arizona. I'm not sure what chance I have of getting it, but hey, it's worth a shot. I applied for a director job in Long Beach...it's still with Embry-Riddle but a step up. I figured I may as well go for it. If I want to move, then perhaps I should do something about. There's a couple of jobs in San Diego that I want to apply for as well. It's time I start making the steps to something that I want to do. It's not going to happen on its own. As soon as I clicked "submit" on the application, I thought "what the hell did I just do?" It freaked me out. I didn't think I would ever do it. Not that I got the job, or anything has happened yet but it scared me. I'm horribly unprepared if anything does come of it. I have no money in savings, I have no available credit...so what the hell am I going to do if I get a job in California?? I'm screwed unless the company pays for me to go...which I know Embry-Riddle doesn't do. But I guess I shouldn't worry about that until something happens...or I apply for more than just the Embry-Riddle job.
I was talking to my boss at lunch a couple of weeks ago...we were talking about how we don't want to stay with Embry-Riddle forever. So he asked me where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do. And it was through this conversation that we realized...I like comfort. I'm comfortable in Tucson, I've been here for 11 years. That's why I have such a hard time deciding what I want to do...because I don't want the change, because it means I'll be uncomfortable. Why do you think I got back with Jeremy 3 times? Because it was comfortable. Why do you think I still hang out with Chad? Because it's comfortable. Why do you think I've never tried leaving Tucson before? Because it's comfortable. I need to just face the fear of the unknown and try to make some changes in my life. Yes, it's scary to just move to a new place, start a new job, not know anyone...but if it's something I want to do, why can't I just do it? People do it all the time. Jay did it, Wendy did it, Melissa did it, Christine did it...why can't I do it? I always have an excuse not to do it...and it always involves money. But I'm hoping that if a move should work out, that someone will be able to help me.
So what I need to do, is just apply for the 2 jobs in San Diego that I want to apply for. It can't hurt right? The worst they could say is no...and I keep looking. I think I've decided that California is where I want to go. I thought about Seattle...but it's cold there...it snows. But California is good...a great way to just start over. It's not like I have much keeping me here...a few select friends and family...but it's not like I have boyfriend/husband or kids of my own to worry about...it's just me...so now is the time to start considering it...while there's nothing really holding me back...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hey thanks...I did it too! Alright so I do know you here but still...a small mention would have been nice! And think about it, if you do leave I am here all alone...maybe. But I'm glad for you. And you're right. It's time for us all to start growing up and taking responsibility for ourselves. And the only way to do that is with the small steps that lead us there. I'm glad for you, whether you get the job or not, at least you're trying to do it. Well done.
ReplyDelete