Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! I can't believe it's almost November! Where did this year go? I'm hoping that November is a good month. October wasn't too bad, but it didn't end as well as I hoped it would. But it's okay. I've been pretty happy lately. I've come to realize that maybe the "breakup" wasn't so bad...I mean really, how could it be since we were never really officially together? But we still talk to each other everyday. And yesterday, he asked me if it was too soon to ask to me lunch because he missed hanging out with me. So we went to lunch. And it was okay. It was normal. It was awkward for the first couple of seconds when he got in my car but it went back to the way things were before. So I guess I can be friends with someone that I dated. We went to Chili's and I saw a guy I had met that morning at a meeting for work. The guy said hi to me and I said hi back. Chad made fun of his sweater vest...whatever. When the guy was leaving, he walked by and said it was good to see me again...was he flirting? Was I flirting? In front of Chad? Maybe. Was Chad jealous? Maybe. Is the guy single? I don't know, he wasn't wearing a ring and his friends were staring at me...interesting. Perhaps I will have to participate in more meetings to find out. But it was nice for Chad to see that other guys are showing interest. Made me feel better.

And then, I was supposed to have a "thing" yesterday...I'm not calling it a date because I don't like to use the term! Anyway, his name is Michael and we had winked at each other on Match back in the beginning of the year. We never met because I was sick and we just kind of stopped emailing. We'd email each other randomly, out of the blue and that was it. Well, he started emailing me again right after Chad and I decided to be friends. Coincidence? I don't know. Anyway, we decided that we should finally meet since it's been this long. We were going to go to the Shanty yesterday at 5. I get an email saying he's busy helping his mom and probaby won't be done by 5, could we do a late lunch tomorrow (which would be today)? Um, what? Excuse? Lie? I emailed him back and said it depended on what time...he said 2...I said that could work. I haven't heard from him. So, no "thing" today. But I'm not really that upset about it. Actually, I'm not upset about it at all. If we're gonna meet, we'll meet. If not, oh well. I've waited this long to possibly meet him. And I'm not going to go out of my way to contact him...I emailed him last, meaning it's his turn to contact me. If he wanted to have lunch today, he would have emailed me. If I really wanted to have lunch today, I would have emailed him. I guess that sort of answers my question.

So last night, instead of going out with Michael, I went to Old Chicago with Matt and Brian. We drank some beers and we had a good time. No need to sit at home and pout because my other plans didn't work out. And, today, instead of going to lunch, I cleaned my apartment. I cleaned my bathroom, I washed my towels, I vacuumed, I dusted...and now I'm just waiting til 5-ish when I will get ready to head to the Sublette's house to hang out for Halloween. It's been a good day...it's my first Saturday alone in a long time. And I'm doing okay. And tomorrow will be a normal Sunday...football at Old Chicago, with Chad. So life is good...and I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.