I think the fog is finally lifting...I'm slowly starting to rise out of the funk that I've been in for a couple of weeks now. I knew it would happen, it was just a matter of when...not if. I think me realizing that I need to make some changes in my life has helped. It's given me something to think about other than the bad things (or bad things to me) that have happened to me. I've been thinking of taking non-credit courses at Pima...but sadly, most of the ones that are interesting to me are cancelled...of course! But, my friend Anna sent me a schedule of classes that are held at the gyms on base...I told her I wanted to try a yoga class, and she said she would go with me. So, I think I'm going to give it a try...what have I got to lose? It only costs $2. I'm definitely hoping it's something that I'll like...so I can finally have a thing...I need a thing. I want to try a pottery class...but I can't find one...perhaps I should look harder. It's all new to me, trying to figure out what I'm interested in. Christine sent me a link to a knitting group...it's called Stitch N Bitch...but I don't know how to knit. I wonder if it's required? Or do they teach you? I know that I will find something that I'm interested in...I just need to go out there and find it.
Christine brought up a good point the other day (as she usually does)...when you hit rock bottom, there's no reason why you can't try new things...what else do you have to lose? So you try something and you don't like it...no big deal...at least you can say that you tried. So I need to try. I need to leave rock bottom and start building back up to where I usually am...and I'm going to learn something about myself.
As for moving...I still think that's what will be best for me. It wouldn't be until around March, so that gives me time to figure out what kind of job I want. But don't worry, I'm not going to just pack up my apartment when my lease is up and move off to Mesa...I won't go anywhere if I don't have a job. I even looked at some apartments online yesterday...the rent is pretty much what I pay down here, and they seem a little nicer. It's definitely something I'm still thinking about. And unless something happens down here, then it's time for me to go.
I'm ready to move on, I'm ready to learn things about myself, and I'm ready to see what my future holds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.