Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Distractions

Usually, I'm pretty good with distractions...because I'm a woman, I can hear multiple conversations at once and even participate them...it's called multi-tasking. But today is different...today is too much distraction. I don't know what it is exactly, but I can't take it. The phone has been ringing off the hook, people keep coming in, the guy in the office next door is remodeling...it's too much. And unfortunately, I have something to do that needs to be done...it's a new system for us to use and it's confusing...and student's registrations are depending on this getting done. And I can't figure it out because I can't concentrate on it! I don't want to screw up someone's admission because there's 9000 other things going on around me. It sucks...and now, I have to take it home so I can have some peace and quiet. I'm hoping that sitting at home, I can actually read the training manual and go through the process step-by-step...without the distractions of the office.

I don't know what it is about today...I woke up knowing it was going to be like this. I dropped a few things, my contact fell out while I was curling my eyelashes...things like that. And then, when I went to make my car payment at lunch, they had 2 tellers working (I pay at the bank because that's where my loan is through) at lunch time. And of course, they were helping other people...and there were 2 people in front of me...all of whom had huge transactions. I just needed to transfer money from my checking account to the loan account (something that you can't do over the phone and it's not allowed through the drive-thru)...and it took like 20 minutes. And then I came back to work and was bombarded again with phone calls and students and blah, blah, blah! Too much!

It's one of those days where I've worked my ass off, but feel like I have accomplished nothing. I've been going non-stop since I got here...and for those that know me, we know that's unheard of. My boss called to see how the day went...he asked if we were getting adds or drops...I told him that I honestly didn't know...because I don't. I don't know what I've done today...I probably registered some people...but I can't be sure!

So yes, I've decided to not work for the last half hour of my day...because I can't function...I don't know what's going on...and besides, I'm bringing work home tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.