Thursday, January 14, 2010

Some Ground Rules

Okay...so I think I need to lay some ground rules if you want to date me...not that anyone that reads my blog wants to date me...but I just feel the need to get this off my chest...since apparently I attract mostly losers or people who are totally not compatible with me!

Rule #1: Please have a job. I understand that the economy sucks right now and I'm willing to give you a chance to get a job...but don't quit a job without having a back up plan. Yes, I understand that jobs can suck and they can be completely mis-managed but seriously. If you're trying to date me, I expect to be taken out...and I don't want to always have to pay. May sound shallow but doesn't it make sense? I shouldn't sacrifice my rules but if I feel that you might be worth it, I may try and overlook this...for a small amount of time.

Rule #2: Please don't live with your parents. If you're old enough to date me, you shouldn't be living at home. Again, I understand the economy is tough, so it may be temporary...but please don't expect me to hang out at your mom's house...that's why I have a place of my own. And if you do, for some acceptable reason, live with your parents, please have plans to move out at some point (soon would be great).

Rule #3: Don't be more interested in your video games than you are interested in me. This is self-explanatory. It's just a game...turn it off and spend time with me. No need to go into detail here...everyone should know my personal experience with video games. I tolerate them to an extent...but not when they become more important than your relationship with me.

Rule #4: Be a man. Showing emotions are great, appreciated even. But please don't be a bitch...that's what I'm for. Everyone needs "me" time...but not all the time. I don't need to constantly hear you whining...please let me have the opportunity to whine as well. I can't always be your cheerleader...sometimes I need to be cheered on as well. I don't want to be the man in the relationship...I get to be the emotional one...because that's how it typically goes. Grow a pair please. That's why you have them.

Rule #5: Don't expect me to be a doormat. I've done that before...and I'm over it. I won't drop everything I'm doing because you've suddenly decided that you want to do something. Don't put your family before me if we already have plans, etc etc.

Rule #6: Don't try and change me. I don't like hiking, I don't like mountain biking, I don't like working out...and guess what, that's probably not going to change. So please, accept me for who I am...and I will give you the same in return.

Rule #7: Please have a car. It doesn't need to be the best car but please have one. I don't mind driving once in a while or even most of the time...but please be able to drive me at some point. And no, me letting you drive my car doesn't count! I'm not down with riding the bus.

Rule #8: Kermit's part of the package. I won't make him talk to you, or make you talk to him...but just know that he's gonna be there...whether he be in my purse or on the couch...or in the bed. He's not going anywhere...until he falls apart.

Those are the main rules...you would think they would be pretty easy to follow...but yet, I'm single. I've talked to a guy that didn't have a job, lived with his mom, and didn't have a car...I tried to give it a go...so yes, I'm willing to bend the rules...if you're making an effort.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great list! I agree with every single one of those things and you are a great girl who deserves every single one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Hopefully I find someone who follows the rules! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.