I went to the Rod's house this weekend...we were going to take the boat out for one of the last times...and I hadn't been up there since January. I left on Friday afternoon (after work and my nail appointment). I was slightly irritated on the drive up because it took me an hour to hit the Oracle/Florence junction. Gotta love the Tucson traffic and lack of freeways! Anywho, I took a leisurely drive up there and arrived around 4. (It was recommended by Monica that my car take a detour to Starbucks on my way to her house...which it did and everyone got something...I'm the best aunt ever!) So we hung out for a while; Giana swung in her swing outside while Jason put together the patio furniture and Monica and I chit-chatted. ABC were out front playing with the neighbor kid. Then dinner was made and we ate...then it was off to Coldstone to get some ice cream because Arianna had a good report card (smart like her aunt). After that, the kids went to bed and me, Monica, and Jason just chilled on the couch (Jason and I drank 3 beers each, such party animals).
Then the time came! Saturday morning was boat day...a day I'd been looking forward to for over a week! We hit up a carnival at a Mormon church (no, we didn't convert) for some free lunch from Jason's friend. Then it was time to hit up Canyon Lake. It was going to be Giana's first (and perhaps last) trip on the boat. ABC were pretty excited to be going out on the boat. We just tooled around for a while and Giana did pretty well. You could hear the girls giggling and screaming. I held Giana for a while and then we stopped for a snack. And that's when we discovered that Giana had crapped all over herself. Nothing like having to change a shitty diaper on a boat! But Monica took one for the team and changed it...it was the most disgusting thing I'd ever seen...and it made me gag! We then continued to tool around and then we stopped for ice cream (where there was in fact a table of douche bags) and then we cruised for a little bit more...then it was time to go home. I always enjoy my time on the boat. I got to sit up front and just relax. I get a little nervous when we first start out, but halfway through, I'm totally relaxed and I just let the wind hit my face. I think everyone feels that way. So it was a good last go round (if in fact it was the last go round) and I had a great time.
After we got back from the lake, Jason and Arianna washed the boat while Monica and I sat in the grass staring at the hot fire fighter who was conveniently across the street! Then we went to Chilis' for dinner where Monica had some frozen Southwestern Eggrolls...and then didn't get anything for free...bullshit! After dinner, the kids went to bed and Jason and I sat down for a game of Monopoly and our last 3 beers a piece. And for the first time EVER, I beat Jason at Monopoly! Not only did I beat him, I kicked his ass...he mortgaged everything...had not a dime left!!! It was the greatest victory of all time!
Sunday, we ate donuts in the morning and the kids destroyed the house. Jason went to work and me, Monica, and the girls went out to do a little shopping. We hit up Target, Michaels (where I bought a few more things for my place), and then the SanTan mall. We just wandered around and had a good time. But then it was time for me to leave...I had to drive back to Tucson. I left around 6:15 or so...saw some an awesome sunset on my drive through Florence , and had a somewhat leisurely drive home. There was a bit more traffic than normal (stupid Renaissance Festival) so it took a little longer than normal.
So all in all, I had a great weekend. I have to give props to Monica and Jason for their patience with raising 4 children. It just makes me realize that I can't do it. I love my nieces to death, don't get me wrong, but it's always nice to come home! They are balls of energy, drama, tantrums, smiles, laughs, and so much more...and I can't really handle it! So kudos to Monica and Jason...you two are amazing!
I had today off too...I slept in (because I didn't get to sleep in to my normal weekend hours) and did some laundry. Then I went grocery shopping and got my hair cut...it's definitely shorter, but hopefully all the dead stuff is gone! And, I can still pull it back in a ponytail, which is really all that matters! Then Matt and I had some Subway...and I've been lazy ever since! Gotta love days off...too bad I have to go to work tomorrow...sucks ass.
So there's my weekend in a nutshell. I hope it wasn't the last time on the boat...but even if it was, I know that one day, they'll get another one and we can continue to have good times out on the water! Hopefully I can remember how it feels to be sitting in the front of the boat and how relaxed I was when I return to work tomorrow!
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.