Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year...A New Me?

Ha ha! Made you look! Okay, so it's 2011...and in all honesty, it's just another year. I've learned to not go into a new year thinking that things are drastically going to change overnight...because they don't. It takes time for things to change, and it takes my desire and effort to make changes. So no, I didn't make any resolutions...I never do. It's just going to be another year of doing the things that make me happy and trying to figure out life in general. I hope that at the end of the year, I can look back and think of all the great things that I did throughout the year...and not focus on the bad things that happened instead.

I don't think that 2010 was a horrible year...it was bad for a lot of people, but for me, it wasn't too shabby. Yes, I had my down moments but that's a normal thing. I had great times with great friends and family...I learned a lot about myself. Each year that I live by myself, I realize how much I enjoy it and how much better at it I get as time goes on. And I have that same hope for 2011.

I'm not going into 2011 expecting to meet the man of my dreams...I'm not going into 2011 trying to find anyone at all. If I learned anything last year, it's that I'm okay on my own. I learned to just quit looking and enjoy the life that I have. It's okay...and I'm happy. I'm not going into 2011 wondering"what if" or "should I." I'm just going to do it day by day. And as the year goes by, it'll be exactly what I make of it.

I have my first trip of 2011 planned...it's Vegas time. I'm looking forward to getting away with my friends...and starting out the trip on a positive note. I get to see Alana and just enjoy myself. This is how I want my year to be...random last minute decisions and good times.

I love the people that start out the new year with "I'm gonna go to the gym every day" or "I'm not gonna do this anymore" or "I'm not gonna do that anymore." I don't do that because I know that I won't follow through...and really, I don't want the disappointment...I've dealt with enough disappointment...so why purposely go and do that to myself?

So here's to another year...as I tell Jay...this is our year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.