Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just An Update

This is just an update...since it's been a while since I've written anything at all. I can't say much is different in life...just trying to figure things out as usual. I have no real complaints...nothing horribly wrong has happened (knock on wood). Work is going pretty well...I've had to step up my game because my boss was concerned...and I think I've done a pretty good job. It's just one of those things where you take the advice, put it to good use, and move on. I didn't get mad when he told me of his concerns...I knew I'd been slacking...but I had sort of reached a point of being over it...I just needed a reality check...and I got one. And I just had a week off, which helped quite a bit. I didn't do much. It was nice to just not have any plans...sleep in every day, leave later in the afternoon if I wanted to. I recommend a break from work if you can...although it's gonna suck having to go back tomorrow.

I've just been doing my own thing, as usual. I've got my happy hour Fridays, my random weekend trips to Mesa (oh, excuse me, Gilbert now), and now football has started so hopefully I'll be catching some games. It's good to be on my own, being able to do my own thing. But it's hard when you meet someone and you have to figure out how to fit them in. It's been a while since I've had to, and it's taking time for me to get used to it. I'm not gonna lie, it scares me a little bit but I need to learn to get over that or I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. I learned from my past relationships not to give up my friends and family and make my whole life about someone else...but I have to realize that I can't not make room for someone else. I've definitely become a creature of habit in the 2 and a half years that I've lived by myself...so it's hard to break the habit. So please bear (or bare?) with me as I try and figure it out. And please bear (bare) with me if I become distant from time to time...I'm just a little out of practice!

Not much else to report. I watched 4 of my nieces for 24 hours when Monica and Jason went to San Francisco for their 10 year anniversary. I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous...I don't have kids and they scare me a little. But I figured that since it was going to be for less than 24 hours and I would have help from the girls' grandpa, that it would be okay. And it was. Everyone got along, everyone behaved, I got some love from Giana, Arianna and I rocked out in my car, the twins got along, and as always, there was love from Brylee. I only had to change one diaper, and it wasn't a poopy one! So all in all, it was definitely a success. I'm quite proud of myself...even though it was only for 24 hours.

Oh, and I housesat for a friend for 8 days. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed my own space until I was away from it for 8 days. I didn't mind housesitting (except for the sick cat but she survived!) but I was definitely glad to come home and sleep in my own bed! I'm not sure I'll ever housesit for anyone for that long...unless they live by the beach in San Diego...or Hawaii...just sayin'.

So there's the update...things are good...and everything will turn out the way it should...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.