Monday, February 22, 2010

It Is What It Is

And that's all it is. And that's just great for me. I'm content...I'm not angry about anything, I don't really have much to complain about. I know, it's weird to read that...but there it is. Life is what it is and I'm making the most of mine. I'm enjoying the single life...almost 2 years on my own already. I've changed up the apartment a little bit...new furniture, new decor...it's okay to change those things, it helps. It may not be big things that I'm changing, but it doesn't matter. Don't people say that it's the little things that count? Well, it's true. I love my apartment...and I continue to be proud of myself for creating it on my own...it's mine...all mine. I come home and it's comfortable...I don't get sad that I come here and that there's no one here waiting for me...I'm okay with that. I thought I wouldn't like it, I thought I would be depressed but I was wrong. It makes me proud that I'm doing it on my own for the first and that I'm happy doing it. It's awesome. I love being on my own!

For once, I've decided to try and not let the little things bother me. I'm trying to take it in stride and just let it roll off my back. Sure, I still get annoyed at things, but I try not to let it annoy me for as long as normal. I've been busy at work but I just go about my day and finish up what needs to be done. I can't say I really enjoy training the new guy, but I'll do it. It's ok. Because it is what it is.

And the dating scene...I'm not participating. I finally met up with a guy that I'd been emailing for a year...it was a good time...5 hours worth of just chatting and people watching. I'm not calling it a date, because it wasn't. It was more of just meeting a friend. Ah yes, the dreaded "friend" word. But you know, maybe that's all I'm really ready for. After all this time thinking that I wanted a relationship, maybe I don't. Maybe I thought I did because it seemed like I had to. I mean, Jeremy was in a relationship...so shouldn't I be too? And I'm learning that the answer is no. I don't need to be with someone because he is...that really makes no sense at all. I was afraid that if I ran into him or anyone in his family and they found out that I was single, that they would somehow look down on me...but really, why should their opinions matter? Because they don't. As long as I'm happy with my life, then that should be what matters...not what Jeremy or his family think. And the whole Chad thing...I'm over it. I no longer want a relationship with him. I've come to accept our friendship and it's boundaries...it is what it is.

So that's it...I'm almost 30...I'm single...I live alone...and I'm happy with that...because...it is...what it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.